Bromine is an open source QA tool that uses selenium RC as its testing engine.
It provides project management, OS/browser specification, test-case creation as well as user management.
- Supports tests in Java and PHP
- Record tests with provided IDE formats
- Upload tests
- Run multiple tests against multiple OS/browser combinations with a single click
- Setup OS/browser testing needs with checkboxes
- Uses completely unmodified RC servers
- No RC server hassle, just plug in the IP and you're set
- Seemless loadbalancing. If you have multiple RC servers defined, they will be used (not GRID, our own solution)
- Full log of results. All commands executed and their status are stored.
- Define your own user groups and their rights
- Coded in CakePHP, MVC design, accessible API, easily extendable.
- Add plugins easily
1. Download Bromine 3 RC2
Bromine download page
Bromine is a web application. You'll need to setup a webserver for Bromine to run on, unless you use the virtual appliance.
Check the documentation for more info
Bromine 3 RC2: (July 2010)
ZipUpdate v1 Plugin: (July 2010)
Bromine 3 RC1: (February 2010) [Depreceated]